Interview with Bob Ward
Bob Ward is a Principal Architect for the Microsoft Database Systems Group which owns the development and servicing for all SQL Server versions.
Bob has worked for Microsoft for 25 years supporting and speaking on every version of SQL Server shipped from OS/2 1.1 to SQL Server 2019.
He has worked in customer support as a principal escalation engineer and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) interacting with some of the largest SQL Server deployments in the world.
Bob is a well-known speaker on SQL Server often presenting talks on new releases, performance, and internals events such as SQLDay, SQL PASS Summit, SQLBits, SQLIntersection, and Microsoft Ignite.
- Pro SQL Server on Linux: Including Container-Based Deployment with Docker and Kubernetes
- SQL Server 2019 Revealed: Including Big Data Clusters and Machine Learning
The oldest book I have where Bob has also participated is the one below. It is really old one written by Ken Hendersson who unfortunatelly passed away.
Bob’s sessions on the SQL Day 2014:
- How to avoid calling Bob (Keynote)
- Inside SQL Server Wait Types
- Extended Events — The Next Gen. of Tracing for SQL Server
Bob’s twitter – https://twitter.com/bobwardms
Here you can hear the interview!